Housing Conference Saturday, February 10th 2007
Scottish Monitoring Group on Housing & Homelessness
9:30 Registration (and workshop sign-up)
10:00 Convenor’s Opening remarks/housekeeping etc - Andrew Fraser
10:05 Welcome to Pollokshaws – Cllr. Stephen Curran
10:10 Messages of Support, Introduction to speakers -
10:15 Colin Deans, former board member GHA & GHAM.
“Couldnae run a Menogè”
10:25 Mike Dailly, Principal Solicitor, Govan Law Centre.
“GHA - A Legal Report Card”
10:35 Dr. Stirling Howieson, University of Strathclyde.
“How our homes are making us ill”
10:55 Coffee/tea/comfort break
- Real Tenant Participation/Empowerment” (Sam Harper+)
- Second Stage Transfers” (Jimmy Black + Cllr Keith Baldesarra)
- Homelessness (Maggie Brunjes of GHN+ Mike Dailly)
- Accessible Housing (Cllr Billy McAllister+Frank ??)
- Racism in Housing (Dave Le Sage+Mehri McAvoy)
- Fuel Poverty V affordable warm healthy homes” (Grant Thoms + Neil Philips)
- Langlands Principles of Governance” (Colin Deans + Rose Bowie)
- Freedom of Information”.
12:30 Break for lunch (soup and sandwiches avail here at nominal cost)
1:25 Workshops:- as morning
2:40 Coffee/tea/comfort break
2:50 Plenary session –Convenor: Bernard Ponsonby, Political Editor, Scottish Television.
Feedback from workshop rapporteurs, Policy statements from
Conservatives (a parliamentary candidate,name TBA)
Greens - Patrick Harvie MSP
Labour - Des McNulty MSP, Deputy Minister, Communities
Liberal Democrats - Isabel Nelson
SNP - Sandra White MSP
SSP - Cllr. Keith Baldesarra
Solidarity - Graham Campbell
Question and Answers session – Panel of politicians & rapporteurs
4:40 Summation of conference and closing remarks
It is hoped there will be exhibits from Unison, PAIH, EAPN, FEANTSA, CECODHAS, GHN, GLC and others, literature stalls, a bookseller and YOU!
There is no participation fee for the conference (which includes tea, coffee and biscuits) but we suggest a donation of £2 from unwaged or £5 from waged.
A simple healthy lunch will be offered at cost.